Facility Management is a Complex Task
An organization’s facilities are some of its most significant, complex and costly assets. Managing the wealth of information related to those facilities and their various building systems can be an onerous and expensive process particularly for large organizations. A Facility Condition Assessment (FCA) consolidates all building data and allows facility managers, capital planners, financial analysts and executives to effectively maintain and manage their facilities portfolio. The data can be leveraged to make the most intelligent, critical and business-minded decisions with respect to facility spending and capital planning. Many organizations, private or public, who own or manage considerable building assets develop a structured Facilities Capital Planning program.
Our Proven Process
As part of a Facility Condition Assessment SPECS consultants will:
- Conduct an initial client meeting, gather all existing facility data, and develop the FCA strategic plan
- Complete a thorough site inspection, gathering all relevant facility condition data
- Accurately input all facility data into proprietary FCA analytical reporting software
- Prepare a detailed report identifying deficiencies, building repair/replacement requirements, projected life cycle costs, code and safety compliance issues
- Conduct a wrap-up meeting to present findings, identify priorities and recommend a course of action
- Identify building deficiencies, project maintenance requirements, and necessary repairs
- Anticipate future capital spending and build a realistic budget
- Prioritize maintenance and repair plans
- Increase building life and protect assets
- Identify and review outstanding regulatory obligations
- Integrate sustainability initiatives
The Value We Bring
- With offices all across Canada, we are able to provide assessments on any scale, from stand-alone properties to national real estate portfolios.
- With more than 50 highly-skilled consultants in both construction and appraisal disciplines, we offer unique and valuable insight into the assessment process.
- Thorough processes that leverage powerful, customizable software, result in an assessment that presents credible budget scenarios required to develop accurate financial plans.
- All communications are timely, open and transparent with any concerns and questions addressed as they arise.
- As a completely independent and non-vested company SPECS does not offer construction services, therefore there is never a conflict of interest.
Our assessment procedure is conducted in accordance with ASTM Property Condition Assessment (PCA) standard (ASTM E2018 – 15) and utilizes industry leading costing solutions, including RS Means, Marshall and Swift, and BOMA.