⌄ Scroll Down to Explore
SPECS (Specialized Property Evaluation Control Services) is Canada’s largest and most respected property risk and loss quantification consulting firm. For more than 24 years SPECS has been helping property owners, insurers, facility and risk managers accurately identify, evaluate and quantify property risk, damage, loss, and the corresponding financial impacts.
With offices coast to coast, more than 50 professional consultants and over 1050 combined years of consulting experience, SPECS delivers an unrivalled depth and breadth of knowledge and experience. Our team is comprised of seasoned construction and restorations experts, project managers and estimators, professional quantity surveyors, inventory and pricing specialists and facility condition assessors.
Our clients rely on us for our independence, accuracy, and expertise. We help to simplify complex problems by delivering innovative consulting solutions.
Building and Construction Consulting
Our highly technical team of professional consultants inspect, evaluate and quantify building and construction projects, producing precise specifications, estimates, cost and audit reports pertaining to residential, commercial, industrial, and infrastructure assignments.
- Building construction and repair specifications, estimating and quantification
- Building specifications, code and bylaw consulting
- Construction project monitoring and cost control
- Bid specifications, tendering and analysis
- Construction delay, cost analysis and audit
- Insurance claims – property damage scoping and estimating
- Quantity surveying
- Building replacement and depreciation costing
- Technical Services Division – for large complex specialty risks
- Litigation and dispute resolution services
Content and Inventory Services
Efficient and effective inventory listing, condition and valuation services, including residential contents, stock, warehouse, industrial machinery and equipment.
- Site inspection and listing services
- Retail or warehouse inventory counting and audit services
- Replacement invoice and receipt reconciliation
- Insurance loss, inventory creation and pricing (partial and total loss)
- Condition, depreciation and replacement cost reporting
- Inventory and equipment condition and finance assessments
- Desktop inventory appraisal and valuation
- Salvage bid procurement
Our consultants conduct comprehensive risk assessments, providing detailed and objective building and facility condition reports, allowing facility owners and managers to identify current and future areas of concern and effectively maintain and manage their most costly assets.
- Property, building and facility condition assessments
- Capital planning
- Life cycle assessments
- Energy audits
- Elevator audits
- Mechanical and electrical audits
- Reserve fund studies
- Insurance to value reports
- Drone inspection and condition reports
Our experience responding to high volume Catastrophe events is unrivaled in our industry. Our team of experienced appraisers can quickly and efficiently mobilize to rapidly assess all types of CAT losses. We have proven that our involvement controls and mitigates costs, reduces file cycle times and enhances all aspects of the process for stakeholders.
- Participation in all major Canadian catastrophes since 1998
- Proven catastrophe management processes and protocols
- Dedicated and experienced CAT management team
- Storm team for high volume wind and hail events
- Mobile field data collection technologies and equipment
- Mobile network data communications systems
- High volume drone inspection capability
- In-house licensed drone pilots
- CAT file management system to measure and reports KPIs
- Accurate regional material and labour pricing database
Aerial Inspection and
Drone inspections deliver cost effective, reliable and safe alternatives to traditional site inspection methods. Having an in-house team and our own drone equipment allows us to respond rapidly and deliver industry leading service and benefits.
- Transport Canada certified pilots servicing all of Canada
- Advanced equipment, software and in-house pilots
- Exceptional quality aerial photos and video
- Automatic dimensioning and measuring of building elevations
- 3D modelling and building dimensions
- Safe and fast inspection and documenting of large sites
- Rapid inspection of high volume wind, hail or storm losses
- Create photo timelines to monitor construction progress
- Assist with insurance loss origin and cause determination
- Identify building components that require repair or renewal
- Provide greater detail and accuracy for project bidding